Wednesday, June 15, 2011

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads

 

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads

I was looking for Free Anti-virus software that I hear people talking about and I wanted to investigate in order to give it a try.

Recently, I have heard positive things about AVG anti-virus software...AVG offers the 2011 edition free at the above link.

AVG

AVG offers a LinkScanner that scan links before they are opened to tell you the security risks. LinkScanner will identify the link as safe, unsafe, potentially unsafe, by using color coding.

 

AVG linkscanner

 

AVG toolbar is another feature I really like...

AVG toolbar

The above toolbar is optional and I haven't been using it long. So far, I find it very useful. I find it easy to go back and forth opening whatever I have chosen to display on the toolbar. News, weather, Facebook, Word, notepad, and more..

Anyone used this software or know of another free anti-virus software????????

No comments: