It is always interesting to read what students think about school and what they consider their favorite “thing to do” regarding technology. So, I surveyed my students to find out:
1. What was their favorite “thing” to do in the media center or in tech class. They are as follows:
- Creating brochures
- Working on the newspaper
- Typing Stories
- Working on Wikis and blogs
- Coming in the early morning to write stories and put on the blog so everyone can read it.
- Reading about the Wright brothers and making the report
- Working with partners on brochures
- Writing plays
2. What was the one thing they felt they learned the most about?
- I learned to type better now.
- I learned how to write stories because I wrote a lot.
- I learned about Wikis and blogs.
- While doing brochures, I learned different ways to post pictures.
- I learned how to type a story on PowerPoint.
- I learned you can make your own blog.
- I learned to put my stories on our wiki.
- I learned to copy and paste, work with WordArt, how to change backgrounds, and how to make brochures.
- I learned how to print on both sides of the paper.
- I learned to use the Internet properly.
- I learned computers are slow.
3. What would you like to learned in the next school year?
- How to make my own Website?
- Learn to make an Avatar.
- Be able to write faster on the computer.
- Make a 3-D shape.
- Learn more stuff.
- I want to learn how to track people down on the computer.
- Learn how to build a robot.
- Learn about how the computer works.
- Learn more about Wikis.
- How to build a video game.