Saturday, December 1, 2007

Class Blogmeister!

Podcasts, Screencasts, and Avatars are part of the new Web 2.0 tools that are used in my classroom. The students are so excited now that they have a real audience to write to and they can use the Avatars and podcasts to record their stories.

Friday, I brought a lamp into my classroom to use with the Webcam camera because we didn't have enough light. It worked. The avatar started moving with every word the student spoke. The student stated that, "I was a wonderful teacher because I brought the lamp." What am I saying???? My students loved the Avatar and podcasting.

My students are excited because they can use a Webcam camera and they can use digital audio to record their voices. THEY ARE EXCITED AND WILLING TO WORK ON CREATIVE WRITING AND MORE!

Is it worth it to find ways around the blocked pictures, movies, slideshows, podcasts, and more? Yes, because when you get kids excited they will go home and try out what they are shown at school.

1. We use audacity to record podcasts!
2. We use podomatic to house our podcasts!
3. We use an Avatar!
4. I use Screencast-o-matic to prerecord blocked sites so I can show my students Web 2.0 tools.

1 comment:

aviree said...

yes i loved recording my stories becuse its cool that i can just go on the blog and anyone can hear my story and comment on how good it is. the the class blogmeister is very great too because we have our own blog in Mrs.Pritchard's blog.